WELCOME to the website of the Arizona Space Grant Consortium (AZSGC)!
Our consortium, led by a statewide team of managers and affiliate representatives, is part of The National Space Grant College and Fellowship Program, established by Congress in 1988. Space Grant contributes to the nation's science enterprise by implementing research, education and public service projects through a national network of university-based Space Grant consortia. The original Space Grant competition resulted in the selection of 21 independent consortia (including Arizona's!). Subsequently, Space Grant consortia have been established in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Nationally, the Space Grant network has 830 affiliate members from academia, industry, government agencies, the military and nonprofit institutions. 32 of these are members and partners of Arizona's Space Grant Consortium.
The specific objectives of the program are:
- To establish a national network of universities with interests and capabilities in aeronautics, space and related fields;
- To encourage cooperative programs among universities, aerospace industry, and federal, state and local governments;
- To encourage interdisciplinary training research, and public-service programs related to aerospace;
- To recruit and train professionals, especially women and underrepresented minorities, for careers in aerospace science, technology, and allied fields; and
- To promote a strong science, math, and technology educational base from elementary through university levels.
The AZSGC mission is to expand opportunities for Americans to learn about and participate in NASA's aeronautics and space programs by supporting and enhancing science, and engineering education, research, and delivering high quality public education programs. Our goal is to integrate research with education to help build a diverse, scientifically literate citizenry and a well-prepared science, engineering and technology workforce. We are proud of our students, programs and accomplishments and appreciate your interest in AZSGC!
Welcome from the AZSGC Managers!
Arizona/NASA Space Grant
The University of Arizona
1629 E. University Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85721-0092
Phone: (520) 621-8556