Monday, December 3, 2018
On Dec. 3, 2018, NASA’s OSIRIS-REx spacecraft arrived at asteroid Bennu after more than two years traveling through space. After reaching its destination, the spacecraft will spend about a year and a half surveying this never-before-visited asteroid and preparing to collect a sample of surface material for return to Earth.
Participants in the arrival coverage event include:
• Michelle Thaller, moderator, NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md
• Heather Enos, OSIRIS-REx deputy principal investigator, University of Arizona, Tucson
• Rich Burns, OSIRIS-REx project manager, NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md
• Mark Fisher, OSIRIS-REx spacecraft engineer, Lockheed Martin Space, Littleton, Colo.
• Coralie Adam, OSIRIS-REx flight navigator, KinetX, Inc. Space Navigation and Flight Dynamics, Simi Valley, Calif.