- Be enrolled as a full-time graduate student at UArizona and meet the UArizona Graduate College requirements outlined below.
- Be studying Planetary Sciences, Astronomy, Physics, Earth Sciences and Global Change-related fields (Atmospheric Sciences, Geosciences, Hydrology and Water Resources, Geography, Ecology and others) Evolutionary Biology, Mathematics, Remote Sensing and Spatial Analysis, and in space-related fields in any college or field that uses space-related science and tools (e.g. Public Policy, the Social Sciences, Science Education, etc.) as long as the applicant is working toward a STEM degree.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Speak with their department early to receive the appropriate signatures on their nomination/cost-share support form. Candidates must receive nomination/cost-share support from their home department in the form of: in-state tuition/registration fee waivers for the Fall and Spring semesters of the award year, a $6,000 stipend per year, and $750 travel funds per year. We highly advise that you and your department review this cost-share FAQ document (PDF download).
- Please note, some departments require the fellow's main advisor to pay the abovementioned funds. Make sure to speak with your department early to understand their individual requirements.
- Some departments may also require that you submit this application through the Grant Manager, if applicable.
The UArizona Graduate College requires that fellows:
- Must be enrolled as a full time graduate student as defined by the graduate college and the student's home department.
- Have a valid social security number on file with the University.
- Maintain a minimum 3.2 GPA during the period of the award.
- Follow specific department guidelines (because some departments may have additional requirements).
- Must provide a yearly transcript (official or unofficial).
Full time graduate status is defined as:
- Minimum enrollment of 9 units of graduate credit each semester if taking coursework.
- Minimum enrollment of 6 units of graduate credit each semester if concurrently on a graduate assistant/associate appointment (regardless of where you are in your time to degree).
- Minimum enrollment of 3 units of graduate credit each semester if completed coursework and enrolled in 900 level only units (thesis-dissertation) and not assigned a graduate assistant/associate appointment.
For more information about the UArizona Graduate College's enrollment policies, please visit this page.