- Be enrolled as a graduate student at The University of Arizona studying Planetary Sciences, Astronomy, Physics, Earth Sciences and Global Change-related fields (Atmospheric Sciences, Geosciences, Hydrology and Water Resources, Geography, Ecology and others) Evolutionary Biology, Mathematics, Remote Sensing and Spatial Analysis, and in space-related fields in any college or field that uses space-related science and tools (e.g. Public Policy, the Social Sciences, Science Education, etc.) as long as the applicant is working toward a STEM degree.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
The University of Arizona Graduate College requires that fellows:
- Must be enrolled as a full time graduate student as defined by the graduate college and the student's home department.
- Have a valid social security number on file with the University.
- Maintain a minimum 3.2 GPA during the period of the award.
- Follow specific department guidelines (because some departments may have additional requirements).
- Must provide a yearly transcript (official or unofficial).
Full time graduate status is defined as:
- 9 units if taking coursework.
- 6 units if concurrently on a graduate assistantship (regardless of where you are in your time to degree).
- 3 units if completed coursework and enrolled in 900 level only (thesis-dissertation).