Important Symposium Dates
- March 7, 2016 -
Symposium Abstracts DUENOTE: Late abstracts will no longer be considered without a compelling reason and Space Grant Management concurrence.
- March 28, 2016 -
Mentor & Guest RSVPs DUE
- April 6, 2016 -
- April 10, 2016 -
ASCEND Presentations DUE
- April 15, 2016 - Statewide Symposium Banquet
- April 16, 2016 - Statewide Symposium
Friday, April 15, 2016
The Friday night Space Grant Banquet will be held at the Hilton Tucson East hotel at 7600 East Broadway Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85710.
- The banquet will begin at 7:00pm.
- Nice business dress is in order.
- See the 2016 Space Grant Symposium Timeline (PDF)
- For banquet location information, call (520) 721-5600.
Symposium Banquet Keynote Speaker
Grant Anderson, President, CEO, and Co-founder of Paragon Space Development Corporation
"The Moon, Asteroids, Mars and Beyond. Designing the Spacecraft Habitat"
NASA is transitioning from the operation of the International Space Station to looking beyond Earth orbit. The Orion Vehicle, and the Space Launch System (SLS) are two of the elements needed and are existing programs. However, the Orion vehicle is designed for 3 weeks of flight, not 3 months, or even 3 years. To sustain the crew and meet their survival needs, a "Habitat" is needed for the long-duration flights that are needed and envisioned. What will that habitat do? What will it take to build it? And what will it take to test and fly it beyond Earth orbit to intersolar regions? In 30 years of human spacecraft design, and as a provider of life support technology for space, Paragon's Grant Anderson will give his thoughts, opinions and engineering judgment of what this major element of humankind's next, and ultimate, adventure will be.
Saturday, April 16, 2016
The Saturday Space Grant Symposium will be held at the Kuiper Space Sciences building at 1629 E. University Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721.
- The symposium will begin at 8:00am.
- Symposium attire is business casual - no shorts or T-shirts
- For Symposium information, call (520) 621-8556.
- See the 2016 Space Grant Symposium Presentations Online!
Parking garages are FREE on weekends.