The Statewide Symposium is a NASA/Arizona Space Grant event that includes students and faculty from The University of Arizona, Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and community college affiliates. The Symposium is an all-day event that consists of over 140 presentations on a variety of topics based on research done by Space Grant interns over the past year. The location of the Symposium alternates each year between Arizona State University and The University of Arizona, with the 2017 Statewide Symposium being held at Arizona State University. For many students, this will be their first presentation attempt at a professional conference.
Attendance at the symposium is MANDATORY for all interns. Abstracts, RSVPs and presentations must be submitted by interns no later than the applicable dates listed below. Interns attending the Symposium should communicate with their respective college's program office to learn about travel and board arrangements.
Important Symposium Dates
March 22, 2017 - Symposium Abstracts DUE
NOTE: Late abstracts will no longer be considered without a compelling reason and Space Grant Management concurrence.
April 5 - Mentor & Guest RSVPs DUE April 7, 2017 - Presentations DUE April 14, 2017 - ASCEND Presentations DUE
- April 21, 2017 - Statewide Symposium Banquet
- April 22, 2017 - Statewide Symposium
Friday, April 21, 2017
The Friday night Space Grant Banquet and Symposium location is:
- The banquet will begin at 7:00pm.
- Nice business dress is in order.
- For banquet information, call (480) 965-6272.
Saturday, April 21, 2017
The Saturday Space Grant Symposium location is:
- The symposium will begin at 8:00am.
- Symposium attire is business casual - no shorts or T-shirts
- See the 2017 Space Grant Symposium Timeline (PDF)
- See the 2017 Space Grant Symposium Presentations Online
- For Symposium information, call (480) 965-6272.
Free overnight parking will be available at the hotel.